Responsible for providing a comprehensive administrative support service. We are looking for someone who will provide a professional, high quality flexible approach to service delivery ensuring that service standards and requirements are met.
This post can also be offered as a secondment opportunity. Before applying for this as a secondment opportunity, candidates should seek approval to be released from their current post by their Line Manager. Secondments are available to permanent staff of the Authority only.
An exciting opportunity has presented itself within the Business Support Service for a highly organised, enthusiastic and confident individual able to rise to the challenges of a busy support service. Ability to work independently and use own initiative with a confident and positive attitude towards working with all stakeholders.
Principal accountabilities for this role include:
- Having a customer focussed approach to service delivery,
- Processing of incoming and outgoing mail, via a Xerox system;
- Scanning and filing documents by the using the Council’s EDM system;
- Typing routine documents and correspondence that do not form part of the service model;
- Ordering and processing invoices via the Council’s E Purchasing system;
- Updating spreadsheets and databases via data entry.
- Screening incoming calls from service users and professionals;
- Attending Adult Services Safeguarding meetings and taking detailed notes;
- General administration, mail, scanning, typing, photocopying, etc.
- Administration of petty cash;
- To comply with the Data Protection Act and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- To adhere to the principles of the Corporate Equality Policy and ensure commitment to Anti-Discriminatory practice.
Experience of working in a business support environment and dealing with a wide variety of requests and issues together with a rounded knowledge of Council services will be of great advantage in this role.
If you require more specific information on the roles, please contact Sian Steadman on: 01495 355023.
The position carries an Approved Casual Car User Allowance therefore access to a vehicle for work purposes is a requirement.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date: 20th May 2021 – 12 midnight
Interview Date: 28th May 2021