Premises Officer Required for Appointment on 1st September 2021; 30 hours per week (term time only plus 2 weeks) Monday to Friday 12.30pm to 6.30pm.
Grade D - £19,312 - £19,698 pro rata
The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual who is reliable, trustworthy and hardworking to work in conjunction with our full time Site Manager to maintain the school site. You will be a focused team player with great energy, resilience, perspective and humour.
The successful candidate will:-
- Have excellent self –management skills ie; the ability to use initiative and prioritise workload whilst possessing excellent time management/organisational skills;
- Have the ability to work well under pressure, whilst remaining motivated and enthusiastic, demonstrating true commitment, stamina and energy;
- Be a focused team player able to work alongside our Site Manager and complement their role.
- Be flexible on occasions with their working hours to suit the needs of school and external contractors. There may on occasions be a requirement to work additional hours during term times for which overtime payments would be made. Eg: To support with parents evenings, end of term events, contractor access.
- Be competent in Joinery or plumbing skills. (Although not essential this will be very desirable.)
- Be committed to providing an outstanding learning environment to support the wellbeing of students and staff
- Have good ICT skills for record keeping and emails.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Bedford Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.