Salary: £21,748 to £27,041 Per Year
We are looking to appoint 2 x Full Time - Social Care Coordinators to work in our Preparing for Adulthood Team.
If you live here, work here or just visit, you will already know Reading is a great place and at Reading Borough Council we’re dedicated to making it even better. Key to this is ensuring our workforce is equipped for the challenge – this is where you come in.
Reading Adult Social Care are recruiting Social Care Coordinators to work in our excellent Adult Social Care Team, working alongside Social Workers and Occupational Therapists.
Our aim is to help people meet their needs and achieve the outcomes that matter to them in their lives, involving the person and supporting them to have choice and control over what matters to them.
About the role
You will enable young people transferring from Children’s Services to identify their strengths, needs and outcomes, and help people to connect to community resources and services that maintain their physical and mental wellbeing.
You will work within the legal framework related to Adult Social Care undertaking assessments, reviews and face to face visits where appropriate.
We are looking for candidates who have previous experience working with vulnerable people with disabilities or have transferable skills and experiences.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- excellent communication skills
- ability to gather and analyse information
- ability to identify and prioritise risks
- ability to identify and prioritise safeguarding issues
- excellent organisational skills and flexibility
- excellent IT and typing skills
- excellent team work skills.
When applying for this post, please ensure that your application explains, with examples, how you meet the person specification in the Job Description as this is the shortlisting criteria.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement – starting from 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
- Excellent comprehensive staff induction, training, supervision and support packages
- Laptop and mobile supplied
To learn more, please contact: Lottie Fairman (Preparing for Adulthood – Assistant Team Manager) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 16th May 2021
Interview date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.