FIXED TERM 18 Months: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £28,672 to £31,346
Mid Devon District Council has started preparing a new Local Plan that will bring forward homes, jobs, community facilities and infrastructure to meet our needs while protecting a high quality natural environment. The Local Plan will have a key role in planning for a post-Covid economic recovery outside the European Union, responding to the climate emergency and moving towards net-zero carbon, helping us to build back better for a resilient and prosperous future.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with previous public or private sector planning experience to work in a small friendly team in an authority that has a proven track record of plan adoption and delivery. The successful candidate will assist with this work, as well as other policy matters, the Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment and preparing and procuring other technical evidence. The role will provide an opportunity to gain experience across a range of projects at a senior level, and will involve networking and community engagement.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable planning experience, good written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of standard IT packages and the ability to work both independently or as part of a small team. You will hold or be working towards a planning qualification accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute and will need to be able to travel around the district.
Mid Devon District Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- CSSC offering discounts in shops, restaurants, cinemas, hotels and insurance benefits
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Generous annual leave, flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Staff discounts in our leisure centres
- Employee Assistance Programme and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Tristan Peat, Forward Planning Team Leader on 07967 179669.