The starting salary for this role is £35,382 per annum based on a 36 working hour week.
This role will support the planning, implementation and evaluation of Surrey County Council’s Children, Families, Lifelong Learning & Culture (CFLLC) communications, using relevant tools and channels. CFLLC includes:
- Children & Families (Family Resilience & Parenting, Safeguarding, Residential Care, Fostering/ Adoption, Youth services, Children’s Mental Health & Wellbeing)
- Lifelong Learning (Education, Early Years, Adult Learning, School Transport, Special Educational Needs & Disabilities)
- Culture (library services)
You will support the Communications Account Manager and play a key role in the production of high-quality and strategic internal and external communications, including the identification of positive stories and some media handling support. Deputising for the line manager when required will also be a responsibility.
We are looking for a creative and proactive individual, who will help us make a positive impact, both externally and internally.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of working within a fast paced communications team, where every day is different
- An ability to work across both internal and external communications and identify and adapt content and messaging for sharing on appropriate channels
- Flexibility to adapt writing styles and techniques to suit different audiences, and to work creatively to develop and design communication campaigns
We will strive to deliver a high-quality communications service. Acting with integrity, we will inform, influence and engage with confidence, clarity and creativity. We will be regarded as experts in our field, promote best practice and be good advocates. We will cultivate a culture of inclusion – nurture talent, promote diversity and create a happy place to work.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 14/05/2021 with interviews to follow.
If you have any queries please contact Abbey Cortazzi by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.