Hours of work: 37 Hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 23 May 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Wendy Mayhew / Caroline Ley 01323 432340
We have an opportunity to recruit 4 Community Dementia Support Workers to join our existing team
The Dementia Post Diagnostic Support service is a countywide community service.
The aim of the Dementia Post Diagnostic Support Service is to be the main point of contact for the person diagnosed and their carer during the entire dementia journey
The service provides appropriate emotional support, practical facilitation, guidance and information to meet the needs of those entering the service, as well as facilitating access to well-being interventions which promote independence and quality of life.
The service works in partnership with/be accessible to a wide range of organisations including GP’s and Primary Care clinicians and staff. The service facilitates identifying issues leading to deterioration and we work with agencies to ensure a timely and pro-active response. Advanced Care Planning is a key element of the Dementia Post Diagnostic Support Service.
- Proactive support for the person with dementia and their carer/supporter
- Information, advice and signposting. It is expected that the Provider will ensure that information about local services is available and up to date together with using other appropriate resources.
- Emotional support and practical guidance
- Care coordination/planning*
- The service uses appropriate information resources, such as the Planning for your Future(opens new window) leaflet on the website Dying Matters, to support ACP conversations
- We will provide a full induction, training , support and shadowing
- All staff are provided with full PPE and have access to weekly Covid testing
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.