Hours of work: 37 Hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 06 June 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Wendy Mayhew / Caroline Ley 01323 432340
About the role
We have an opportunity to recruit 4 Community Dementia Support Workers to join our existing team
The Dementia Post Diagnostic Support service is a countywide community service.
The aim of the Dementia Post Diagnostic Support Service is to be the main point of contact for the person diagnosed and their carer during the entire dementia journey
The service provides appropriate emotional support, practical facilitation, guidance and information to meet the needs of those entering the service, as well as facilitating access to well-being interventions which promote independence and quality of life.
The service works in partnership with/be accessible to a wide range of organisations including GP’s and Primary Care clinicians and staff. The service facilitates identifying issues leading to deterioration and we work with agencies to ensure a timely and pro-active response. Advanced Care Planning is a key element of the Dementia Post Diagnostic Support Service.
- Proactive support for the person with dementia and their carer/supporter
- Information, advice and signposting. It is expected that the Provider will ensure that information about local services is available and up to date together with using other appropriate resources.
- Emotional support and practical guidance
- Care coordination/planning*
- The service uses appropriate information resources, such as the Planning for your Future leaflet on the website Dying Matters, to support ACP conversations
- We will provide a full induction, training , support and shadowing
- All staff are provided with full PPE and have access to weekly Covid testing
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.