Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
Committed? Creative? Determined? Passionate about supporting children at risk of exploitation and diverting them from crime? Want to lead a double award-winning team? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, Social Work qualified, Advanced Practitioner-Contextual Safeguarding. This is a pivotal role in Hillingdon's response to adolescents at risk and provides an exciting opportunity for you to oversee the delivery of our in-house child criminal exploitation team - AXIS and our dedicated Mobile and Detached Youth Work Team. These multi-dimensional teams provide an opportunity to work at pace with practitioners from a variety of professional backgrounds and drive forward a child first approach to delivering services to children at risk of exploitation "at the right time, in the right place, in the right way" . You will use your knowledge of contextual safeguarding to inform operational and strategic activity across the local authority, regionally and nationally.
As an Advanced Practitioner, you must:
- Be creative, flexible and an excellent communicator
- Hold a Social Work degree, alongside a Practice Educators qualification
- Have a solid knowledge of the issues and factors related to child criminal exploitation and its prevention.
- Be able to evidence a commitment to your own development since qualification
For more information about the requirements of this role, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses