Working for us at West Sussex County Council is all about making a positive difference to the residents of West Sussex.
This is a great opportunity for you to join us as an Assistant Care Manager where you will act alongside our social work and health care colleagues responsible for delivering a statutory social work service to adults in the locality of West Sussex.
About The Job
Salary: Grade 6 £20,903 to £22,183 (pro rata £19,208 to £20,384) OR Grade 7 £23,080 to £25,481 (pro rata £21,208 to £23,414)
Working Pattern: Part time, 34 hours
Contract Length: Permanent
As an Assistant Care Manager within the Worthing Community team, you will, under guidance and regular supervision, provide a social care service to those people who access or need the service to include assessment, planning and review within the Supporting Lives, Connecting People framework.
You will lead on a challenging portfolio of casework, attending multi-disciplinary meetings, working in partnership with our Health, Community and Third Sector colleagues. You will have access to professional social work colleagues or a manager for advice and guidance on unusual, complex or difficult problems.
For this role, you will be required to assess, plan, implement and monitor support packages in accordance with statutory requirements and departmental procedures. You will be required to use your initiative where appropriate, utilising good support and supervision. An awareness of the policies, practices and procedures in relation to social work and a good understanding of the role as part of the wider community and voluntary sector is required. Demonstration of good resilience is required as you could have exposure to challenging behaviours from people who access or need the service.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret information and prioritise needs in order to make recommendations/decisions which will have a positive outcome.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multi-agency environment to deliver a service to those people who access or need the service.
- Ability to communicate complicated or sensitive information, both orally and in writing, to a range of audiences to achieve positive outcomes; to be able to communicate clearly with customers, reflecting the service objectives and standards.
- Sound and accurate IT and keyboard skills.
- Ability to recognise the limits of own accountability and responsibility, and to seek appropriate support, advice and supervision.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent qualification or experience operating at this level of literacy and numeracy.
- NVQ Level 3 in Care.
- Experience of providing support/working with people in a Social Care environment.
- Experience of forming effective working relationships within a multi-agency setting.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to others.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
- A range of flexible working options.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03115 .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!