Under the umbrella of the West Lancashire Partnership, West Lancashire Borough Council, working in partnership with the NHS West Lancashire Clinical Commissioning Group serves a population of approximately 115,000 people.
Both organisations are committed to working together to utilise data and insight to inform strategic thinking and action to emerge at a local level that aims to transform the way we deliver services to the residents of West Lancashire, underpinned by a shared ambition to addressing and reducing inequalities across the population.
As a Partnership, our ambition is very clear, we are striving to improve outcomes for the residents across West Lancashire by listening to our local communities and understanding what it is that is important to them and their wellbeing.
This will include targeted engagement and inclusion work with communities, within the parameters of the Partnership Neighbourhood Plans and to provide direct work to the impact of COVID-19 as the top priority.
This new and exciting fixed term role, will be managed by West Lancashire Council, but work very closely with the population health function of the West Lancashire Partnership and specifically key staff within NHS West Lancashire CCG and other key partners across West Lancashire to utilise population health approaches including use of data and behavioural insight effectively to help tackle health inequalities. This will include targeted participation, engagement and inclusion work with communities, within the parameters of the Partnership Neighbourhood Plans and to provide direct work as a result of the impact of COVID-19 as the top priority.
- The purpose of the role is to support embedding a population health approach across West Lancashire and its three neighbourhoods, including the development and delivery of research, data, evidence, information and intelligence across West Lancashire and partner organisations
- The post holder will engage with key stakeholders across the Local Authority, Health, Social Care and partners to utilise robust and accessible population health intelligence products to aid informed planning and decision making at a local level. This will include drawing on the data within population health management tools and making recommendations on actionable interventions to relevant partners within a neighbourhood.
- This role will cover intelligence relating to a wide range of topic areas including (but not limited to) health, demographics, housing, employment, education and social care, including day to day use of NEXUS.
- The post holder will be the lead for embedding use of dynamic intelligence products, which include needs assessment, analytical reports and the development of tools to facilitate ongoing analysis and improve understanding
- The post holder will work with analysts within the Council and across Health to support key programmes of work are deliverable in line with the outlined objectives and to contribute to the delivery of the Partnership population health delivery plan.
We pride ourselves on being a good employer with a range of benefits and employment terms and conditions to suit you. You will be able to benefit from competitive salaries on an incremental scheme, flexible working, LGPS pension scheme, family friendly policies and healthcare insurance. To read more about the benefits of working for us visit; Benefits of Working for the Council
This post has a Flexible Office Based Work Style. Details of the characteristics of this work style can be found in the attached Smarter Working policy.
If you would like to join us on our ambitious journey and feel your skillset and enthusiasm can support transformational, sustainable change, then we would love to hear from you
For further information regarding the post, please contact either Samantha Tierney, Business Intelligence & Development Manager on 01695 585365 or Lucinda McArthur, Senior Advisor on 07776181098