£159 per week
2 years fixed term
It’s an exciting time of progression and improvement here at Reading Borough Council and our Environmental Health Teams form a key part in our drive to ensure Reading can achieve its potential and everyone can benefit from its success.
About the role
We are looking for a full-time Apprentice to work within the Business Support Team consisting of 10 Business Support Officers providing administrative support for Regulatory Services. Regulatory Services consists of professionally qualified officers in Licensing, Environmental Protection & Nuisance, Private Sector Housing, Food & Safety and Trading Standards who ensure that businesses comply with the law that keeps the public safe whilst at work, home and leisure.
- You will be working predominantly with external customers who are part of a business or another Local Authority as well as the general public.
- You will process applications, manage team mailboxes, arrange meetings, keep documentation up-to-date, provide a first response helpdesk for written and verbal enquiries, using a database as well as collating and processing data.
You will need to be able to undertake Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard with an approved training provider.
Applicants should be:
- Organised, self-motivated, a team player, committed to working hard and eager to learn many different skills with a high accuracy level.
- You should have good IT skills, numeracy, and be able to communicate clearly and professionally by telephone as well as in writing.
- Ideally you should have level 2 in Functional Skills - GCSE Maths/English grade C/4 or equivalent. We will consider Level 1 qualifications, but level 2 must be achieved before the end point assessment.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice from trained therapists and legal experts
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
- Eye care - help towards an eye test and glasses, if you use a computer at work
For more information contact Leigh Ingram- 0118 937 3762 firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 13th May 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
Please be aware that for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.