We are looking for a hard-working and motivated Cleaner to join our Facilities Team in our friendly, one form entry primary school. You will be working all around the school, ensuring that our premises are tidy and cleaned to a high standard. The role is for 10 hours per week (2 hours a day Monday to Friday, after 3.15pm, to be agreed).
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: As soon as possible
About the role
The successful candidate will need:
- A positive attitude and a friendly disposition
- An ability to work with initiative and enthusiasm
- The ability to work well within a team
- A calm, professional approach, especially when dealing with challenging situations
- Ability to use own initiative, anticipating and reacting to situations as they arise
- An absolute ability to maintain confidentiality
- Physical fitness, encompassing the ability to bend, stretch, lean, reach, carry heavy and awkward items and operate vacuum cleaners and floor mops
- The ability to work flexible hours
- Willingness to undertake necessary tasks of an unpleasant nature
St. Peter’s Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
We welcome applications from all parts of our community as we aspire to have a staff body that matches the social and cultural diversity of our families.
Closing date: Midnight, 23rd May
Interview date: To be confirmed
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
St. Peter's Road, Portslade-By-Sea, BN41 1LS, email: email@example.com
To support your application, visits to the school are welcome.
School Office: (01273) 296712
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.