Have you good experience of providing HR administrative support in a fast paced and busy environment? Are you a supportive team player who understands the ‘bigger picture’? Then read on about this excellent opportunity to join our HR family!
Our friendly, multi-talented and well-respected HR team are looking for an experienced Support Officer, based in our busy central HR team, to work in close partnership with all departments within the Council. The majority of the processes use our HRIS, MHR iTrent and you will be our first point of contact for day to day queries. You will be providing a high level of support in areas such as starters and leavers, pensions, recruitment, amendment to contracts, occupational health and pay awards. There may also be an opportunity to provide additional support across various HR projects.
About the Person:
- You will have considerable HR administration experience in a fast-paced environment - Essential
- You must be able to multi-task and prioritise work under pressure whilst maintaining high attention to detail and excellent accuracy - Essential
- You will be self-motivated and approachable - Essential
- You must be a team player who understands the ‘bigger picture’ - Essential
- You will always be required to display excellent communication skills (verbal & written) - Essential
- You will also need to be competent using an HRIS, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook - Essential
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 16th May 2021 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 24th May 2021
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
See 'Who we are' as a council, to find out more about us.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.