A relentless ambition to always improve
With great schools, up-to-date facilities and a fantastic location, Wokingham’s proud to offer an exceptional quality of life. To ensure that our vision and strategy for the borough is achieved we have the set the bar high, putting it simply, we want our customers, both internal and external, to love us.
We are looking to re-align our Human Resources model through the creation of a proposed new Target Operating Model (TOM) which will fundamentally change the way in which we support and drive our People Strategy throughout the whole of the Council.
As a result, we are looking to bring in an interim Assistant Director of HR for circa 6 to 9 months who will lead the implementation phase of the change, thereby establishing the new TOM and provide short term senior level leadership to our HR team.
The successful candidate will need to bring inspiration, direction and innovation and provide experience and service to all levels of the organisation. A key part of this role is the effective stakeholder management across senior leaders as well as building a strong profile throughout the whole organisation both personally and as an aligned HR team.
The main deliverables include:
- The role is responsible for overseeing the implementation and adoption of the proposed structure and robust systems and processes, thereby establishing, and driving, the HR services and standards required to deliver the Council’s Corporate Delivery Plan and individual directorate strategies.
- Working collaboratively with the Council Leadership and ECLT colleagues to induct and educate the organisation on the new HR model and the roles that everyone has in it in order to achieve successful adoption.
- Work as part of the Council’s Extended Council Leadership Team (ECLT) to contribute to and deliver the Corporate Delivery Plan and strategy, influencing the Directors (CLT) in all aspects of employment and engagement best practice.
- Provide leadership of the HR function ensuring good governance, policies and processes which maintain legal and best practice standards and effectively delivers the support required and needed.
- Directly and through the Business Partners, provide advice and counsel to the senior leaders and managers on employment, organisational development, organisational change, analysing areas of business risk and influencing others to act where appropriate.
Agency CV’s not accepted.
Closing Date: 10th May 2021 09:00
Interview date: TBC
Once you have completed your application form, please send your CV to: Becky Weeks - Becky.Weeks@wokingham.gov.uk
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer