Permanent, full time, Grade 5 - NL12-NL17, £22,183 - £24,491 per annum
As a forward-thinking local authority, we want every interaction with residents and customers to be the very best experience we can make it, and this is about what all of us do every day.
Our employees inspire each other to be the best through their dedication and desire to serve our communities well. To help improve our customers’ experiences further, we are looking for a proactive and service-focused Customer Delivery Officer to join our busy and fast-paced Customer Delivery Team. The team deal with resident and customer cases and enquiries via phone, email, web chat and face to face, across a range of services including Council Tax, Business Rates and Recovery.
Our aim is to resolve as many queries as possible at first point of contact, provide additional support if required and signpost to relevant information and services. The team also take ownership for cases that are more complex and cannot be resolved at first point, working to strict deadlines and legislation to achieve successful outcomes.
- Taking and processing of details from residents, including but not limited to, moving into/out of/within the borough, incoming customer contact regarding Council Tax, Business Rates, Housing Benefits overpayments, refund requests and payment method changes
- Applying discounts and exemptions, following legislation to determine if resident or business meets the criteria
- Providing account status updates
- Assisting our residents to access their accounts online
- Collecting debt from our residents and customers - proactive contact and dealing with account queries across all income streams
- Negotiating sustainable repayment plans
- Processing information from external parties e.g. Valuations Office, Agents and Landlords
- Revenue report checking
- Monitoring and liaising with enforcement agents
- Processing cases to enforcement agents or other recovery methods by monitoring post court recovery reports
- Tracing of debt absconders
- Complex case work processing
- Escalation point for complaints, stage 1 corporate complaints and FOI responses
About You: The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to listen, extract and assess important information
- Customer service ethos, striving to continually improve the customer experience
- A can do attitude
- Being trustworthy and dependable, delivering on what is promised
- A desire to improve their skills, knowledge, and performance
- Working with colleagues in a polite and respectful manner
- Experience of debt collection / recovery
- knowledge of Council Tax and Business Rates legislation (not essential)
If you are a customer-focused professional, with excellent communication, IT and numeracy skills, who is keen to develop, we would like to hear from you.
For more information about the role please contact Zuzanna Krogulec: Zuzanna.Krogulec@wokingham.gov.uk. Please quote ’Grade 5 Recovery role'.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date: 9th May 2021 at 11pm. Interviews for this role will be held on 20th May 2021 (subject to change)
Selection for this vacancy will be in line with the Council’s Competency Framework.
Please refer to the Job Description for further information.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.