Harlow Council currently own and manage a diverse portfolio of approximately 558 commercial and community buildings across the district.
Being a new town much of these buildings were constructed in the 50’s & 60’s and are now in need of ongoing maintenance and in some cases significant refurbishment works.
The Council is seeking to appoint an experienced surveyor to assist the Properties & Facilities Team in maintaining and improving the Council’s non-housing property portfolio.
The post will involve ensuring that non-housing responsive and planned maintenance and improvement works are carried out efficiently and effectively. The appointed candidate will be required to –
- Provide technical support to the Property & Facilities Team
- Carry out inspections and surveys on built assets and infrastructure, prepare reports on their condition and recommend preventative and essential repair and maintenance works
- Manage maintenance and repairs works to built assets and infrastructure
- Work as part of the Property & Facilities Team to develop, co-ordinate and manage the delivery of the Capital Works Programme
- Produce tenders and technical specifications for major maintenance, repair and capital improvement works
- Manage major works projects from inception to completion
- Assist with the management and compliance with insurance processes
- Monitor and ensure that the Council complies with its statutory obligations relating to building maintenance and systems testing.
The role of maintenance surveyor is a key position within the department, and provides a unique opportunity for the right person to influence the future of the Council’s non-housing property portfolio.
Candidates must have an awareness of current Health & Safety and Building Legislation, have a flexible approach to work and be qualified to a minimum HNC/HND or equivalent. Candidates will also be required to demonstrate a strong professional track record and have comprehensive post qualification experience in the industry. Asbestos management and gas safe qualifications would also be desirable.
For informal discussion about this post please contact Will Hales, Property and Facilities Manager on 01279 446852
How to Apply
Please visit our website for details on how to apply and to downlaod an application form.