An opportunity has presented itself within the Business Support Service for an enthusiastic and confident individual who will rise to the challenges this service presents.
Principal accountabilities for this role include:
- Administration of the School Admissions, Transfer and on line application forms.
- Updating spreadsheets and databases via data entry, including CAPITA ONE.
- Supporting consultation events in relation to schools and the work of the Education Directorate.
- Arranging and attending meetings to take notes/detailed minutes at various meetings.
- Gathering of information from various systems, to inform the school catchment area processes.
- Updating of the Council’s website pages.
- Administration of door access cards for staff members.
- Ordering via the E Purchasing system.
- General administration, mail, scanning, typing, photocopying, etc.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- To adhere to the principles of the Corporate Equality Policy and ensure commitment to Anti-Discriminatory practice.
Qualifications for the position are 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grade C or above (inc. Mathematics & English). NVQ Level 2 and ECDL or equivalent.
Experience of working in a business support environment and dealing with a wide variety of requests and issues together with a rounded knowledge of Council services will be of great advantage in this role.
The position carries an Approved Casual Car User Allowance therefore access to a vehicle for work purposes is a requirement.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date: 13th May 2021 – 12 midnight
Interview Date: 24th May 2021