Business Support are looking for an individual to help develop and embed efficient working practices to support the Council as it moves to a new operating model. The role is temporary for 18 months and will be responsible for assisting the Senior Business Support Officer for the Environment and Regen team. Principle accountabilities include:
- Working with the Senior Business Support Officer to assist in the day to day administration of Development Management (Planning, Building Control and Estates) including the development and implementation of expected changes to systems
- Assist with the coordination of file and paper management / storage across Business Support and the wider council to support the new proposed operating model
- Identification of manual paper based systems and, working with partners, to develop and embed new, more efficient ways of working
- Manage a team of business support staff and plan workload/resources appropriately
- Provide support and resilience to the Senior Business Support Officer around systems administration and development, including Northgate, Civica, Pay.net, Crown and MCS.
Qualifications for the position are 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grade C or above (inc. Mathematics & English). NVQ Level 2 and ECDL or equivalent.
Experience of working in a business support environment and dealing with a wide variety of requests and issues together with a rounded knowledge of Council services will be of great advantage in this role.
The position carries an Approved Casual Car User Allowance therefore access to a vehicle for work purposes is a requirement.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process.
Closing Date: 13th May 2021 – 12 Midnight
Interview Date: 8th June 2021