Its exciting times in Barnsley as the new Glassworks development takes shape https://theglassworksbarnsley.com/ This £200 million retail and leisure development at the heart of this historic market town will create a vibrant and innovative destination for all ages.
We’re bringing in new national and regional brands to complement the existing and together with the success of our Market Kitchen and renowned Indoor Market we think we’ve really got something to shout about!
We need a Centre Manager who shares our enthusiasm and vision who can pull all this together and make this happen – is that you? Then we’d like to hear from you!
Our Centre Manager has the opportunity to set up and operate a high and efficient standard of management and care in establishing The Glassworks as a desirable, safe and progressive environment for retailers to trade in and customers to shop, visit and work in.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Continual improvement
- Marketing and strategic retailer liaison
- Administrative accounting and accurate financial reporting detail
- Health & Safety
- Relationships with key stakeholders
- Strategic input into any building projects for the Centre
- Development/Refurbishment co-ordination and management
- Management experience gained within a high profile Shopping Centre environment.
- BCSC Shopping Centre Management Diploma
- Proven experience in Service Charge Management
- Experience of working in a busy, demanding and pressured environment with the ability to quickly resolve all centre issues maintaining the credibility of the individual centre and the Centre brand.
- Sound business acumen including awareness of centre retailers and commercialisation.
- Relevant safety training, and a working knowledge of health and safety legislation with practical experience in the implementation of procedures.
- Strong people management skills in recruitment, training and performance management.
- Excellent communication skills that are effective at all levels and presentation skills appropriate for a wide range of situations.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to achieve results through others.
- Proven experience of managing a site from inception/set-up to operational.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role then email The Councils Head of Property David Sturrock on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time to discuss.