Digital and ICT - Security, Risk and Compliance Officer
Full time 37 hours
There has never been a better or more exciting time to join Reading Borough Council’s Digital and ICT team.
We are strengthening and expanding the team as we move to a new, multi-supplier operating model designed to make the best use of Digital and ICT capabilities, now and in the future, to enable our internal and external customers to deliver services of critical importance to the citizens and businesses of Reading. The team will oversee the delivery and ongoing evolution of services from specialist suppliers, making sure that the overall service meets our customers’ needs, is well integrated, high-performing and secure.
Simultaneously, we are working with the wider business and external stakeholders to develop the organisation’s digital transformation strategy. The team will be at the heart of turning that strategy into reality.
About the role
The services that we deliver are business critical and much of the information we handle is sensitive. You will be responsible for ensuring that we are appropriately managing cyber and other risks to our information and services. This is a critical and varied role, ranging from ensuring the strategic effectiveness of our Information Security Management System and its application through to leading the tactical response to cybersecurity incidents. You will combine a firm understanding of current and emerging technologies and threats with a strong grasp of the principles of risk management and practical experience of effectively applying those principles
The following experience is required for this role:
- One or more qualifications such as CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CSX, CIPP, ICA
- Several years overall directly related IT/IA experience within an outsourced environment
- Good understanding of ICT Risk and Information Security risk management
- Knowledge of auditing IT controls
- Experience with regulated institutions and/or Local Government
- Proven experience with enterprise risk management concepts including strategic, operational and technical risk management.
- Proven ability to assess system compliance against standards and IT Security Policies.
- Ability to identify risks and propose risk mitigation solutions.
- Established technical writing skills
- Passion for information security and can demonstrate continuing professional development.
- Ability to participate in cross-functional teams to resolve complex challenges and shape future opportunities.
- Familiarity with audit concepts and strategies in a highly complex, regulated environment.
- Familiarity with Local Government Audit procedures.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple programmes and projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with others collaboratively and constructively
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 12th May
Interview Date: w/c 17th May
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.