Required to commence: 1st September 2021
Forefield Community Infant & Nursery School is a three form entry infant school with a 60 place Nursery. We are looking for an early years’ practitioner to join our Early Years’ Team, who has an excellent understanding of child development evidenced in their practice and who is passionate about ensuring the best possible start for our youngest children.
The post will be based in our Nursery setting. Experience of effectively supporting teaching and play-based learning in the Foundation Stage including the delivery of relevant intervention and support programmes is particularly desirable. Applications from practitioners who can offer an area of expertise eg Forest School practitioner, Language Champion are particularly welcomed.
The successful candidate will
- be enthusiastic, caring, friendly and approachable;
- enjoy working with and relate well to young children;
- have high expectations of children’s learning and behaviour;
- be able to supervise and manage children’s behaviour positively and effectively;
- be able to effectively support young children with a variety of needs and be able to plan and deliver intervention and support programmes to promote children’s development and progress;
- be able to work effectively as part of a team;
- have effective communication skills both verbal and written;
- be reliable, trustworthy, self-motivating, flexible, adaptable and demonstrate initiative;
- actively support the school’s commitment to inclusion and success for all.
We can offer:
- happy, enthusiastic and well-behaved learners
- a commitment to improve the outcomes for young children
- the opportunity to join a committed, hardworking, friendly and supportive staff team
- commitment to your continued professional development
- a supportive school community who want the very best for their children
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.