Adopt London South - Regional Adoption Agency are looking for a Family Finding team manager to join our creative, diverse and forward-thinking management group. The experienced Family Finding team work well together, developing new ways of working to identify families and offer specialist advice at every stage of the child’s adoption journey. 76 children have been placed in the last year, many with ALS approved adopters and increasingly with Early Permanence. The team works closely with children’s social workers across South London to find the right family for every child. ALS is committed to reducing delays for black children and continuing to develop Early Permanence across ALS so that more children can benefit from earlier attachments. There are also opportunities to collaborate, learn and develop practice across the 4 Adopt London Regional Adoption Agencies for the benefit of all London children needing adoption.
We are keen for the new manager to inspire and continue to promote innovation and best practice in adoption.
What skills we looking for:
- Inspiring leadership and management to promote the best adoption outcomes for
- every child
- An enthusiasm for partnership working across 9 different LAs in South London
- The ability to work across ALS with assessment and post adoption colleagues to
- ensure the best use of resources
- A commitment to equal rights to adoption for all children and families who use ALS
- services and to reduce delay for Black children who wait longer. An interest in early
- attachments through Early Permanence
- Knowledge of childcare legislation, statutory guidance and the London Child
- Protection Procedures
- Positively manage and contribute to service development within the team and across
- the service
- Ability to work flexible hours to fit with the needs of young people and families -
- including evening and weekends as required.
- Present complex information in writing and in person.
- Undertake confident analysis and decision making
- Work with Case Management systems and ensure management information in
- A systemic framework of social work practice
- A salary range of £45,594 - £52,569, including benefits, pension and flexible working
- and 28 days leave
- A vibrant place and Service to work with and a diverse community
- Strong commitment to partnership working with our Local Authority colleagues.
- Commitment to Personal Development of staff
ALS understand that a motivated workforce is the most important factor for it to be successful and continue on its success journey. We are committed to your professional development and will ensure you have the right resources and training to enable you to provide a first class service.
For more information, please contact Shauna Lineham, Team Manager, 07562210438 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Pam Walton, Service Manager, she can be contacted on 07734 000 882 or email email@example.com
Additional salary details
Please note this role requires an Enhanced level DBS check.
Closing date:26 May 2021
Interview date:2 June 2021 (successful candidates to be contacted by e-mail)
To apply please click the link below.