Waltham Forest has a challenging, customer focused digital agenda. We are looking for a skilled and experienced Business Analyst to join our Digital Team to help deliver great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible. We’ve championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure we are giving our residents the greatest possible access to council services.
Key skills and experience for the successful candidate are:
- Good understanding of local government services and digital solutions
- Excellent problem-solving and analysis skills
- Experience of analysing business processes and systems to define solution requirements; deliver change within a structured agile framework and manage requirements through to delivery
- Experience in creating detailed functional and technical requirements and documentation, drawing on input from internal and external subject matter experts
- Experience of documenting requirements in the form of Epics and User Stories with Acceptance Criteria, and maintaining a well-refined backlog
- Collaboration with developers to help create innovative solutions for the business
- Experience of the Granicus govService product (formerly Firmstep) would be desirable
We are looking for someone with experience of business analysis or service design, with the ability to identify and understand business needs and the issues they face to understand and create responsive, efficient and customer focused solutions. You’ll also have experience in digital projects or workstreams using a structured and methodical approach.
As a Business Analyst you will work across a range of digital projects and service optimisation improvements within the Digital team. The role can vary across projects and has a wide range of activities that you may manage, such as engaging with internal and external stakeholders to understand their business requirements and translate into Digital solutions, providing technical documentation and leading User Acceptance Testing.
Day-to-day you will support the developers by applying different techniques to elicit business requirements and be able to document and communicate these requirements in a technical format. To do this successfully you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be confident working with diverse groups of stakeholders such as council employees (including technical staff), elected members, suppliers & residents.
You’ll thrive using agile methods and enjoy working openly, collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team focused on one or more projects at a time. Above all, you want to make Waltham Forest better, which may sometimes involve challenging the status quo.
We offer candidates the opportunity to enjoy rewarding work with a benefits package which includes a salary of up to £50k, 28 - 31 days holiday allowance, flexible working arrangements and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.