PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £35,745 to £38,890
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Procurement team in the delivery of the Procurement Strategy, including achieving savings targets, sourcing the best suppliers and agreeing and implementing commercially viable deals to support internal customers in the procurement of contracts across the Council.
The successful candidate will be an experienced member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply. The key responsibilities are:
- Lead the procurement team
- Provide effective contract management and negotiation with suppliers
- Produce and implement policies and procedures that will influence the provision of the service and ensure regulatory compliance
- Be responsible for local tendering and undertaking quotations
- Support the Council in looking at cost efficiencies and savings
- Be responsible for procurement and supply chain activities
- Develop supplier pricing/analysis
- Advise internal stakeholders and liaise with stakeholders
- Proactively challenge current practices and strive to deliver continuous improvement.
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Paul Deal, Corporate Manager for Finance on 07886 121878.