Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
Rent Collection & Arrears Recovery Officers manage the most significant risk to successful tenancies; non-payment of rent and service charges. This role ensures that necessary and proportional enforcement action is taken when all reasonable and appropriate interventions and support measures have been exhausted.
Rent Collection & Arrears Recovery Officers are responsible for maximising the income stream from a range of occupation arrangements through an effective and supportive recovery process. You will be required to make referrals to specialist services and work with customers to improve their understanding of welfare benefits, money management and budgeting to ensure that rent and other essential bills are paid.
Additional information about the role - the Role Purpose (in the JD) will give specifics about the role.
Ideally you will have a sound working knowledge of the Northgate Housing System and have also
worked in a Rent and arrears collection environment for a minimum of 2 years. You will be expected to have the ability to manage complex rent arrears cases, prepare cases for progression to court via our Senior Arrears and Litigation Officers and ensure that the pre court protocol has been complied with at all times.
With the ongoing challenge of welfare reform, we need individuals with good problem-solving skills who can demonstrate both a flexible and supportive approach to income collection.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses