Salary: £49,019 - £54,091 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full time
Closing date: Wednesday 12 May 2021
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join the Senior Leadership Team at St Paul’s CE Academy.
This thriving and vibrant Church of England academy, with a prestigious local reputation, is seeking to appoint, a committed and enthusiastic Assistant Headteacher from September 2021, who will have overall responsibility for the professional leadership and management of Key Stage 2 in the academy. We are looking for a unique individual with the ability to motivate, lead and inspire.
- Work in partnership with the SLT and Governors, leading Key Stage 2
- Ideally have previous experience in a middle or senior management role
- Have a record of excellent classroom practice with high expectations for all pupils
- Demonstrate outstanding organisational, management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to motivate and support all members of the academy community
- To lead effective coaching and mentoring of teaching staff through modelling Outstanding practice in Key Stage 2.
- To lead on Behaviour and Attendance across the Academy.
- To lead and develop enrichment across the Academy, engaging with all stakeholders, developing a shared vision for inclusion and excellence.
- To work closely with the Assistant Headteacher for EYFS/Key Stage 1 to ensure transition between Key Stages.
We can offer you:
- A strong and supportive senior leadership team who share a common vision of excellence
- Progressive career development including national and local training opportunities
- Working within a developing hub and Diocesan academy trust
- An exciting learning environment including a specialist SEND department, BMX track, outdoor gym, extensive playing fields and environmental and gardening areas
- Children who love coming to school and are keen to learn
- A friendly, supportive and caring staff team
If you possess the above qualities, we would like to encourage you to visit the academy to see us in action. Please contact our Executive Head or one of our Heads of School for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit.
St Paul’s CE Academy is dedicated to safeguarding young people and the person appointed will be asked to supply information confirming identity and qualifications and will be subject to an enhanced DBS/prohibition/Section 128 check.
The academy has a commitment to equality and diversity and encourages recruits from a diverse background to apply.
Completed application forms should be returned to our Head of Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 9am on Wednesday 12th May
Shortlisting: Thursday 13th May
Interview date: Thursday 20th May
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.