Hours of work: Teachers' Full time hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: 9am Monday 10 May 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Cavendish School
Phone: 01323 731340
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
TEACHER OF SCIENCE
Full Time – Current Salary Range £25,714 - £41,604
within the Main Pay Range -Upper Pay Range
This role would be suitable for newly qualified teachers or experienced teachers
Start Date – September 2021
Closing date: 9am Monday 10 May 2021. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Interview date: Wednesday 12 May 2021
Are you excited about teaching science and raising standards in a school which strives for continuous improvement?
Is it important to you to work in a school with strong and visionary leadership?
If so, then apply today to become part of a fantastic team at Cavendish School. The Headteacher is looking for a highly motivated, committed professional who is passionate and enthusiastic to join in the continued development and success of our exciting all-through status. If you have the skills, drive and enthusiasm this could be the perfect role for you.
This school offers:
- An enthusiastic and committed Science Department
- A strong and visionary leadership
- A vibrant community
- An exciting new environment in our all-through campus
- A grading of ‘good’ by Ofsted (Outstanding for EYFS), 2018
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all levels and interests
- Staff Wellbeing: a genuine focus on staff wellbeing
- Pupils who are motivated and keen to learn
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a Science specialist with initiative and ambition to challenge and motivate our pupils
- Establish and maintain high standards
- Bring the curriculum alive through inspirational learning
- Shape the learning of Science in a school that aims to become outstanding in the near future
- Have the ability to think outside of the box
- Believe in creating strong, positive relationships with the children, developing them personally, socially, emotionally and academically
- Have a commitment to personal and professional development
- Be a team player who is supportive of colleagues
Leaders in this school have created a positive and productive teaching and learning environment where staff have creative autonomy and feel well-supported. The whole community is involved in all aspects of school life and the school has excellent relationships with parents and carers.
If you would like to join a school with a great focus on creating an inclusive environment and where children are empowered to be their best, then please apply. You will join a team of dedicated and caring staff in establishing outstanding teaching, learning and progress for all our children.
Please download the application form and further details from our website. http://www.cavendishschool.net/contact/vacancies
We look forward to receiving your application by e-mail, for the attention of Mrs Angela Hayden, HR Manager / PA to the Headteacher. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all those who work with us to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/crb-criminal-records-bureau-check. We give high priority to promoting diversity throughout the school
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.