Hours of work: Teachers' Full time hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: 9am Friday 07 May 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Cavendish School
Phone: 01323 731340
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Full Time from September 2021
Salary Range within the Main Pay Range - Upper Pay Range
Plus TLR2C allowance
We are looking for an outstanding and inspirational teacher to lead the responsibility for pastoral and attendance issues for our pupils within an identified year group.
The Headteacher is looking for a highly motivated, committed professional who is passionate and enthusiastic to join in the continued development and success of our exciting all-through status. If you have the skills, drive and enthusiasm this could be the perfect role for you.
This school offers:
- A permanent Teaching / Progress Leader role
- A strong and visionary leadership
- To be part of a vibrant community
- To be part of an exciting new environment in our all-through campus.
- A grading of ‘good’ by Ofsted (Outstanding for EYFS), 2018
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all levels and interests
- Staff Wellbeing: a genuine focus on staff wellbeing
- Pupils who are motivated and keen to learn
The ideal candidate will:
- Have initiative and ambition to lead and inspire staff and challenge and motivate our pupils
- Establish and maintain high standards
- Bring the curriculum alive through inspirational learning
- Have the ability to think outside of the box
- Believe in creating strong, positive relationships with the children, developing them personally, socially, emotionally and academically.
- Have a commitment to personal and professional development
- Be a team player who is supportive of colleagues
The job role consists of:
- Lead responsibility for pastoral and attendance issues for pupils in your identified year group, with support from a Guidance Leader
- Lead and manage pupil development across the identified year group
- Have an impact on the educational progress of pupils within the year group
- Lead a team of Tutors
- Raising standards and aspirations
- Further improving the quality of Teaching & Learning
- Providing all pupils with an engaging, challenging and intellectually stimulation curriculum which prepares them for success in examinations as well as college, university and the work place.
Closing date: 9am Friday 7 May 2021
Interview date: w/c Monday 10 May 2021
Start date: September 2021
Please download the application form and further details from our website. http://www.cavendishschool.net/contact/vacancies
We look forward to receiving your application by e-mail, for the attention of Mrs Angela Hayden, HR Manager / PA to the Headteacher. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all those who work with us to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/crb-criminal-records-bureau-check. We give high priority to promoting diversity throughout the school
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.