Group Leader, Transport Planning & PolicyFixed Term/Secondment for 24 Months until 31st March 2023Salary: MM2 from £40, 078 - £61, 497 pa There’s a lot going on in Enfield. We have one of the largest regeneration programmes in London; a substantial school expansion programme; a number of major rail and road projects; as well as ambitious plans to encourage walking, cycling and public transport. We are looking for a Group Leader to manage a small team to help develop Enfield’s future transport strategy; shape development in the borough; promote sustainable means of travel; and undertake a range of statutory functions relating to highways and rights of way. There will also be an opportunity to get involved in the delivery of the council’s £30m Cycle Enfield project. You will need to be an experienced transport planner with a proven track in development management and a record of working at a high level with elected members and partners from a wide range of organisations.Along with at least a degree level qualification in a relevant subject (or equivalent vocational experience) you must have excellent communication skills and a detailed practical understanding of current transport planning and policy issues in London. Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. your CV
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight, 13th May 2021
Interview Date: 25th May 2021
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or firstname.lastname@example.orgIf you would like to know more about the role, please contact David B. Taylor on 0208 132 0277 or 07903 970285 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team. Fixed Term post/Secondment Opportunity
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a fixed term contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.