Strategy & Policy Manager
Salary: MM1 £38, 946 - £49, 818
Permanent, Full time
Enfield Council is seeking to appoint a Strategy and Policy Manager to work as part of our dynamic Corporate Strategy Service.
This challenging role will provide the postholder with a genuine opportunity to shape the future of the borough of Enfield through delivering high quality policy, strategy and consultation work.
As an experienced strategy and policy professional, you will use your excellent organisational, analytical, facilitating, drafting and management skills to drive a varied work programme, spanning across all departments, to help the council deliver our objectives as expressed in our new Council Plan.
As part of this work programme, you will use your established stakeholder management skills to develop and maintain positive collaborative working relationships with our senior managers and partners to scope, develop and deliver cohesive high quality and innovative work.
This role will require local and national networking, liaising with officers across Council services, elected members, MPs offices, a range of local partner organisations and citizens. It is fast paced, complex and challenging but it is always rewarding. If you can manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines, are adept at developing innovative policy and strategy in a complex environment and want to make a difference for people in Enfield, please submit an application.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight on Thursday 6th May 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 24th May 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Helen Baeckon Head of Strategy and Policy on 020 8132 1006 or email email@example.com for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.