Responsible for providing a comprehensive administrative support service. We are looking for someone who will provide a professional, high quality flexible approach to service delivery ensuring that service standards and requirements are met.
An exciting opportunity has presented itself within the Business Support Service for a highly organised, enthusiastic and confident individual able to rise to the challenges of a busy support service. Ability to work independently and use own initiative with a confident and positive attitude towards working with all stakeholders.
Principal accountabilities for this role include:
- Having a customer focussed approach to service delivery,
- Opening and distributing incoming mail and dealing with outgoing mail;
- Processing of incoming and outgoing mail, via a Xerox system;
- Scanning and filing documents by the using the Council’s EDM system;
- Typing routine documents and correspondence that do not form part of the service model;
- Ordering and processing invoices via the Council’s E Purchasing system;
- Updating spreadsheets and databases via data entry.
- General administration, mail, scanning, typing, photocopying, etc.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- To adhere to the principles of the Corporate Equality Policy and ensure commitment to Anti-Discriminatory practice.
Experience of working in a business support environment and dealing with a wide variety of requests and issues together with a rounded knowledge of Council services will be of great advantage in this role.
If you require more specific information on the roles, please contact Judith Cosgrove on: 01495 355002.
The position carries an Approved Casual Car User Allowance therefore access to a vehicle for work purposes is a requirement.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process.
Closing Date: 6th May 2021 – 12 midnight
Interview Date: 17th May 2021