Salary: HOS2 £59,733 to £77,301
Full Time (36 hours), Permanent position
This officer is tasked with being the primary source of technical accounting advice to the Council, in particular the Council’s Section 151 Officer. They will manage the production of the Statement of Accounts, be responsible for the Council’s financial control regime and lead on the delivery of the move to quarterly accounting.
This role is pivotal to Finance’s modernisation as it moves to a business partnering model backed up by a highly skilled corporate finance function, with a planned move to a new ERP. The Council has an ambitious agenda, delivering the largest regeneration scheme of any London borough in Meridian Water and that is just the start. Enfield requires a very technically capable Chief Accountant, who can not only lead and develop the financial accounting capabilities of the function but who also has the technical skills to advise on the financial accounting implications of most complex projects.
Enfield is looking to develop future leaders at the top of the finance function. This role is a common career stepping stone for future heads and directors of finance. If you are ambitious and have strong local government financial accounting skills, this might just be the role for you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 9th May 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Gareth Robinson on 020 8132 1621 or Matt Bowmer on 0208 379 5580 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.