We are seeking to appoint a talented and successful professional with senior-level experience within education to lead the newly formed Education and Partnerships Service within the Children’s Services Directorate in Barnsley Council.
The role offers the opportunity to work with a highly regarded team, in a dynamic and exciting Council.
Candidates should have an excellent track record of improving services, educational outcomes and partnership development to ensure that the best possible outcomes for the children and young people of Barnsley are achieved.
You will provide the Council’s strategic leadership on school improvement, with an emphasis upon ensuring that the Local Authority is an effective systems leader for all our children, fulfilling our statutory responsibilities and maintaining effective relationships with education leaders, the Regional Schools Commissioner and Ofsted..
The Education and Partnership Service is responsible for working collaboratively with the Barnsley Alliance, our education improvement partnership, and the Children and Young People’s Trust. The Service also includes School Admissions and School Place Planning, Children’s Commissioning and Governor Support.
Our vision is to improve outcomes for all children and young people across Barnsley and to support sustainable solutions in partnership with other stakeholders.
As a member of the Children’s Directorate Senior Leadership Team you will contribute to the formulation of overall strategy, setting policy and performance targets for the service. You will work closely with Elected Members and stakeholders from across the system.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced and dynamic professional with a track record of success, who can develop and deliver new approaches to raising standards and improving outcomes for every child in all settings through:
• Building on success
• Strong and innovative partnerships
• Rigorous pursuit of excellence
We are very ambitious for all of our children in Barnsley and we are looking for someone who shares this ambition and who can demonstrate that they:
• have successful experience of senior leadership within education which demonstrates impact through effective partnership working
• can provide strategic leadership for the service in a changing context;
• have leading edge knowledge of school improvement and the role of the Local Authority in promoting school improvement;
• have a thorough understanding, gained from practical experience, of how performance and standards can be improved;
• have excellent data analysis and reporting skills;
• have a highly positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, energy, drive and commitment