We have an exciting opportunity to join the Application Support team in ICT and Digital Services. This role is responsible for providing high quality operational and technical application support and covers a varied set of business applications across the Council Working in a customer focussed team; you will be providing day to day support and system administration for the Council’s ICT systems. The successful candidate will also lead projects for upgrading and replacing systems as needed. Working across service areas, you will build an understanding of all aspects of your specialist IT systems to minimise the impact of problems so that ICT services deliver value for money, customer-focussed services.
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources? Get vulnerable people back on their feet more quickly? Create new spaces our residents want to spend time in? These are just some of the things you could be looking at when you join us. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in the community. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
The team work closely together to make sure we are providing the best support to the Bracknell Forest Council staff to help them support Bracknell Forest residents. Sometimes the work is challenging however there is also time for finding creative solutions and every day is different. The right applicant will be part of a team who support a total of 16 applications across 6 directorates.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- For the applications for which the post-holder is responsible, ensure that effective and timely application support is provided
- Ensure that there is appropriate planning, testing and implementation of application/infrastructure releases, form design and configuration changes, in line with business priorities and supplier roadmaps.
- Work closely with our business teams to ensure that the applications that they are using are fit for purpose and in line with the service requirements
- Follow the current procedures and policies, including change control, security and auditing, release, configuration, problem and incident management and application back-ups.
- Wherever possible, identify potential areas for service improvement and explore how these can be achieved.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Access to childcare vouchers.
What we're looking for...
This role requires strong customer focus, excellent interpersonal skills along with a keen interest in improving the ICT support function in addition to excellent organisational, technical and analytical skills to enable high quality, robust support for its customers as well as contributing to changing technologies. Excellent communication skills are essential, along with diplomacy, influencing skills and a thorough appreciation and understanding of the end user technology used by our customers.
You need to be skilled in challenging others in a constructive way and can demonstrate a keen record of achievement within a project-led environment. Able to deal with a multitude of varied tasks within a set time scale you need to be well organised. With good verbal and written skills, you should be able to work alongside business, IT, Digital and support colleagues with ease.
Working in a changing and developing IT environment provides great prospects for your career.
You will have lots of responsibility right from the start, you’ll be empowered to help define our journey. At the same time, we’ll make sure you have the training and support you need to get your own journey off to a flying start. Make your future about shaping tomorrow.
Interviews will be held on: 19th & 21st May 2021
Want to ask a question?
Contact: Sarah Howard
Job title: Applications Support Team Leader
Tel: 01344 351932