Job Title: Technical Support Manager
Location: Based at County Hall, Hertford, with flexible working arrangements. Currently home based due to COVID
Salary Range: £43,857 pa progressing to £46,845 pa
Hours: 37 per week
We are seeking a highly competent and flexible person to join our team - helping us deliver Hertfordshire’s vision as a “County of Opportunity” and deliver good growth.
Through collaborative working, the Growth and Infrastructure Unit supports a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to ensure plans for growth benefit all current and future residents. We work with a number of internal and external partners as part of the Hertfordshire town planning process, influencing the development of good place making.
What you’ll do:
This is a critical role within the Growth and Infrastructure Unit. You will represent the county council at partnership meetings, planning appeals, examinations and enquiries; presenting demographic data and an evidence base you will be responsible for maintaining. This also includes the maintenance of a spatial evidence base which reflects the impact of growth on behalf of the Hertfordshire County Council services we represent.
Day to day, working in partnership with other members of the Growth and Infrastructure Unit, you will be the single point of contact for planning related data and evidence work streams that underpin Hertfordshire’s growth agenda. You will lead a joint approach to planning and strategy, and work with a variety of stakeholders and partners to feed into work around both the main development schemes and overarching strategies. You’ll engage proactively with county council service departments to ensure their growth requirements continue to be defined and the evidence base continues to be robust and defendable.
What you’ll bring:
- You will be an excellent communicator who can clearly articulate the needs of Hertfordshire’s residents to a number of reporting levels through the promotion of analytical research into place-based planning and demand management
- You will be capable of managing and liaising with analysts internally and externally and deliver client, customer and community profiling and similar information projects
- You will understand the town planning process at a high level, and the specific legislation that informs our day to day work on local plans and planning obligations
- You will be capable of building an external network of contacts to support your work
- You will have knowledge of local government structure and working practices
- You will have excellent negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners.
Who we are:
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority experiencing unprecedented levels of growth and development within the county. To respond to these growth challenges and achieve our strategic objectives the Growth and Infrastructure Unit is responsible for our interests in growth areas, economic development and strategic infrastructure. Join this proactive, flexible, ambitious team, and you’ll take on a diverse range of projects which promote Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
If you’re ready for new challenges in a varied and rewarding role, with an organisation that values you as an individual, then apply now.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Bron Claridge 07812 323195.
Closing Date: 16 May 2021
Interview Date: w.c. 24 or 31 May 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.