£13,092 to £13,621 Per Year
Part Time - 30 hours per week - Term Time Only
'Every pupil is important in this school. Pupils are cared for and feel safe and happy.' Ofsted November 2019
Thameside Primary is an inclusive and friendly school and we are seeking a resilient and compassionate practitioner with experience of supporting children with complex needs, specifically children with Social Emotional Mental Health Difficulties (SEMHD).
Working alongside the Class Teacher, duties may include:
- initially providing 1:1 support for a named child with complex SEND needs (SEMHD being their prime area of need)
- helping to plan for that child and create a suitable learning environment for that child
- supporting individual pupils and small groups in their learning, both indoors and outdoors
- observing how pupils learn and assessing further learning needs
- supporting the teacher with all aspects of children’s learning, including administrative support
- assisting with setting up the classroom, preparing resources and creating classroom displays.
We are looking for supportive teaching assistants with:
- Previous experience of working with children with SEND would be an advantage but not essential.
- a good standard of English and Maths is essential, effective communication skills and a commitment to teamwork.
We would encourage you to visit the school so that you can see the school for yourself and its welcoming and inclusive environment. Please contact the school office on 0118 937 5551.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack. Visit our website for more details: www.thamesideprimary.co.uk
Closing date: Wednesday 5th May
Interviews: Friday 7th May afternoon
Please do not send a CV. To ensure equal opportunities we only accept Reading Borough Council application forms