Hours of work: 36 Hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Friday 07 May 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Rye Community Primary & Rye College
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Premises Assistant - Rye Community Primary & Rye College
Our schools, Rye College and Rye Community Primary are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Premises Assistant to join our highly-motivated team at an exciting time in the schools’ growth.
Our aim is to challenge every learner to exceed their own expectations of themselves; create a can-do culture and the resilience to excel; include all members of our community through shared endeavour; and nurture diverse skills, talents and abilities whilst celebrating excellence.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience, or a demonstrable interest in working as a Premises Assistant
- Have a trade/site-based background
- Be a good communicator with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have an awareness of Health and Safety legislation
- Have practical experience of maintenance works
- Have experience of undertaking a range of caretaking and cleaning duties
- Aspire to help deliver an outstanding learning environment
- Hold a clean driving license and feel confident in driving the school minibus
- Consider themselves to be an all-round "handyperson", able to complete basic maintenance tasks
- Have a basic level of IT skills
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances
- A school in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.