Roles are based either in our frontline or community AMHP team and cover Surrey. As a qualified Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP), you will be responsible for undertaking statutory duties as laid out in the Mental Health Act, the Care Act and as part of the Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) service. We will offer clear professional leadership and great opportunities to develop your career. In some teams, AMHPs will contribute to the AMHP rota. You will be supported to contribute to the professional development of staff and students through supervision and training.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) to join us. To be shortlisted for an interview your application and supporting statement will clearly evidence:
- Willing to maintain personal Approved Mental Health Professional status (Warranted)
- Professional Qualification in Social Work
- Post qualifying experience that should include direct work with those who have mental health needs
- A current full driving licence and have use of a vehicle
- A working knowledge of legislation, assessments, preparation of care plans, monitoring and reviewing outcomes
- Commitment to your own professional development, including maintaining up-to-date knowledge of mental health issues
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
We can offer you:
- Innovative technology to make day to day tasks more manageable: laptop and mobile phones are provided. Front line staff will get touch screen hybrid devices with detachable keyboards to allow you to work in an agile way and minimise unnecessary travel
- Work/life balance: flexible working is supported where possible, including working from home or hot desking at a number of County Council sites
- 26 days annual leave (28 after 2 years’ service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000, subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- Refer a friend scheme: earn up to £1000
- A generous local government salary-related pension.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Option to join our car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information.
We are looking for Approved Mental Health Professionals (AMHPs) to work across Surrey.Additional Information
Interested in finding out more?
Express your interest by clicking on apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!Company Information
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.