Enfield is a diverse London borough with excellent links to the city and central areas as well as Hertfordshire and Essex. Situated along the strategically important London - Stansted corridor, this is an exciting time to join the Council as we look to deliver many development opportunities and maintain the quality of the built and green environment
The Planning Enforcement team forms part of the Council’s Development Management Service and we are looking to strengthened the team to enable the team to robust enforcement outcomes and maintain service standards
This is a full time permanent role. You will have responsibility for leading a team of officers and be involved in the full range of planning enforcement investigations and associated appeal work..
The main duties of the roles involve investigating potential breaches of planning control. This will involve interviewing members of the public, owners and occupiers of the land plus applying your own investigative skills and liaising with colleagues across the Council. Strong communication skills are therefore essential as will be your ability to manage and prioritise your case load.
Strong communication and performance management is essential together with good negotiating skills
If you are interested in making a difference to the Borough and looking to gain excellent experience by joining a friendly and hardworking team, this rewarding role could be for you
Permanent, Full Time contract
We are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements including part time hours, compressed hours, working from home and staggered start and finish times
MM1 £38,946 - £49,818 pa
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council.
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date - Midnight on Thursday 29th April 2021
Interview date: TBC
To find out more please visit
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
• A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
• Your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 0208 132 1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org