Closing Date: 7 May 2021
Medway Council Landlord Services owns and manages around 3000 homes mainly in Gillingham and Rainham.
A vacancy has arisen within Housing Services for a Compliance and Projects Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join the Property, Compliance and Finance Team, playing a key role to support our residents and ensuring their safety. The successful applicant will complement a team that has a long-standing robust approach to its responsibility to manage compliance and will lead on supporting the service to embed the proposals set out in the Social Housing White Paper.
Main duties include:
- Ensure that the organisations statutory duties are achieved in respect of gas servicing, legionella, electrical, asbestos, fire and other associated mechanical and electrical services within the councils housing stock
- Manage a framework of compliance key performance indicators and reporting to our residents and members summarising our performance and associated risks
- Ensure effective policies, processes and procedures are in place and that these are embedded within the service. Regularly monitor our performance against policy
- Carry out health and safety risk assessments in consultation with repairs staff and corporate health and safety
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Car Benefit Scheme from Tusker
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- The Government has introduced new ways of supporting parents with childcare costs. Further details are available here: - https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager, please call Lee Gilbert on 01634 333840
Please note that in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines, in regard to social distancing, all interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.