ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER (Two posts): L2 (£43,355) to L5 (£46,678)
Required from 1st September 2021
Are you looking for the next step in your career, a new challenge and opportunity to widen the positive impact you have through strategic leadership and management?
A unique opportunity has arisen for two inspirational, ambitious and highly motivated leaders to take their next developmental step into senior leadership - to join our dedicated team at an exciting stage in the school’s development.
About the role
You will take a lead role in whole-school curriculum development and manage either across:
a) EYFS to Year 2 or
b) Years 3 to 6.
Telscombe Cliffs Primary and Nursery School is a vibrant and popular three-form entry primary school near Brighton in East Sussex. We pride ourselves on our inclusive, aspirational approach and seek to promote the values of Respect, Equality, Aspiration, Collaboration, Courage and Achievement which we weave into the life and work of the school.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are passionate, resilient and committed leader with the drive and ambition to work with us to build on the significant improvements that are taking place.
- Are strong team-players and who are self-motivated and relentless in the pursuit of excellent outcomes for our school community.
- Have a proven track-record of successful subject and middle leadership.
- Are exemplary classroom practitioners (ideally with teaching experience across EYFS and KS1 or KS2).
- Have high expectations of children’s engagement and attitudes to learning, behaviour and outcomes in all aspects of school life.
- Have recent, relevant experience of leading on curriculum re-design, with the necessary skills and knowledge to implement effective whole-school change.
- Are committed to the swift identification of barriers to learning for pupils and experience of implementing plans to mitigate these. Telscombe Cliffs Primary School and Nursery
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of effective pedagogy and research informed practice in an inclusive learning environment.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire, motivate, challenge and support children and staff across our school.
- Are committed to their own professional development and managing that of others.
We will offer you:
- Fantastic children who are genuinely a real pleasure to teach, enjoy school and work hard.
- Regular dedicated leadership time, to support with your strategic work.
- A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
- A strong, committed and collaborative leadership team including senior and middle leaders with a distributed leadership model.
Specific to the post:
We are seeking to appoint two proven and motivated professionals who aspire to take on a pivotal role within the leadership of our school and in the development of our engaging curriculum.
This role provides an exciting challenge with significant opportunities for professional and personal development.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to drive our ambition, achieve excellent outcomes for our children, support our culture and values with passion then we look forward to receiving your application.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we ask that all applications are submitted using our application form which is available from the school's website - www.telscombecliffsprimary.co.uk or by contacting the school office during normal school hours (term time) on 01273 583113 or 07947 516859 (outside of school hours).
Due to Covid-19 restrictions only shortlisted candidates will be invited to visit the school. Should you wish to discuss the post, please contact the school office. Telscombe Cliffs Primary School and Nursery
More information about the school is available on our website.
Closing date for applications: Monday 26th April 2021 at 12.00 noon
Interviews planned for: Tuesday 4th May 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check, satisfactory references and medical form completion.
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Telscombe Cliffs Way, Peacehaven, BN10 7DE, email: email@example.com
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 583113
Please ensure you apply with the East Sussex County Council application form attached below.
Brighton & Hove City Council is advertising on behalf of the school and is not the employer in this case.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.