Environmental Health Officer/Housing Surveyor
(Scale 8 - £30,451 - £32,234 per annum pro rata)
Part Time – 15 hours per week, permanent.
Arun Civic Centre Littlehampton
We are looking for a part time Environmental Health Officer or Housing Surveyor who will contribute to the delivery and development of Private Sector Housing and Public Health Team in Arun. Suitable applicants for the post will be flexible, well organised, self motivated individuals capable of undertaking projects with a minimum of supervision, whilst also working as part of the Team. You will display excellent oral and written communication skills, be assertive whilst polite and tactful, and skilled in the use of IT.
The Section deals with all aspects of Private Sector Housing, including Disabled Facilities Grants, minimum standards in rented accommodation, Houses in Multiple Occupation, Energy Efficiency and Empty Homes as well as Public Health matters. The team currently has a high demand for Disabled Facilities Grants therefore the post holder will be focusing on this work but will also be expected to be involved in a range of housing inspections, enforcement and public health work.
In return we offer:
- Up to 28 + 2 days paid annual leave (subject to continuous service) plus paid Bank Holidays (PLUS Flexi-time including an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including on site exercise classes, free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
- Training and Development Opportunities
For an informal chat regarding this post please contact Louise Crane on 01903 737669.
You will be interviewed remotely for this position.
Further information and an application form can be downloaded from our website at www.arun.gov.uk
CLOSING DATE: 9th May 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: 21st May 2021
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment.
If you have a disability which makes it
difficult to complete our application form,
please contact the Human Resources Department,
who will assist you with your application.