Hours of work: Full-time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time,
Closing date: Monday 26 April 2021, noon
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to drive our ambition, achieve excellent outcomes for our children, support our culture and values with passion then we look forward to receiving your application.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we ask that all applications are submitted using our application form which is available from the school's website -www.telscombecliffsprimary.co.uk or by contacting the school office during normal school hours (term time) on 01273 583113 or 07947 516859 (outside of school hours).
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to visit the school. Should you wish to discuss the post, please contact the school office.
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Assistant Inclusion Manager: MPS/UPS with SEND Allowance £2,270 per annum
Required from 1 September 2021
We are looking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated SENCo to join the newly formed Inclusion Team as an Assistant Inclusion Manager, starting in September 2021.
Salary is within the MPS/UPS + SEN Allowance - pay range but will be dependent on experience, in line with our pay policy.
If you are applying for this post on a full-time basis, we expect the successful candidate to be class based for (0.5) of the week and released to carry out professional duties associated with this role for (0.5) of the week.
If you are ap[plying for this post on a part-time (0.5) basis, working days would be subject to discussion with the successful candidate and the SEN allowance will be pro-rata.
The Assistant Inclusion Manager will work collaboratively with the Headteacher and Inclusion Manager to set high expectations for all children and will assist the Inclusion Manager in leading SEND provision, appropriate intervention strategies and behaviour by working with teachers and support staff to deliver high quality teaching and learning and outcomes for children.
Telscombe Cliffs Primary and Nursery School is a vibrant and popular three-form entry primary school near Brighton in East Sussex. We pride ourselves on our inclusive, aspirational approach and seek to promote the values of Respect, Equality, Aspiration, Collaboration, Courage and Achievement which we weave into the life and work of the school.
We are looking for an individual who:
- An excellent practitioner who delivers highly effective SEND/Inclusion leadership to inspire and motivate others.
- Is in receipt of (or working towards) the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination qualification.
- Is passionate about teaching and learning and wants to play a key role in shaping the strategic vision for SEND/Inclusion.
- Has a thorough understanding of SEND procedures including the EHCP process and top up applications.
- Has high expectations of children’s engagement and attitudes to learning, behaviour and outcomes in all aspects of school life.
- Is passionate about providing the best possible provision for children with additional needs.
- Has experience of working with children across the primary age range and can draw on knowledge of interventions, training and resources to ensure children with SEND achieve their full potential.
- Has experience of working with the LA and outside agencies to support children and families.
- Is passionate, resilient and a committed leader with the drive and ambition to work with us to build on the significant improvements that are taking place.
- Is a strong team-player, is self-motivated and relentless in the pursuit of excellent outcomes for our school community.
- Committed to the swift identification of barriers to learning for pupils and experience of implementing plans to mitigate these.
- Able to form positive relationships with the whole school community and work collaboratively with colleagues both internally and externally.
- Committed to research based professional development, of themselves and colleagues.
We will offer you:
- Fantastic children who are genuinely a real pleasure to teach, enjoy school and work hard.
- A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
- A strong, committed and collaborative leadership team including senior and middle leaders with a distributed leadership model.
Specific to the post:
This role provides an exciting challenge with significant opportunities for professional and personal development.
More information about the school is available on our website.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check, satisfactory references and medical form completion.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.