An Exciting Secondment Opportunity: Deputy Headteacher (L7 – 11) Fixed term – September 2021 until August 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior leader to join our staff team as Deputy Headteacher, covering the substantive deputy’s maternity leave. The role will incorporate several aspects, including the leadership and management of key performance data; leadership of our disadvantaged pupils’ strategy; and the organisation of continuing professional development.
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: 1st September 2021
About the role
Saltdean is a popular, happy and innovative school. We are situated near the centre of Saltdean village, within easy commuting distance of Brighton and Hove. We are proud to be based in the heart of our local community and our families are very supportive of our work. The school has recently completed the expansion from two- to three-forms of entry, and now has over 600 pupils.
The school was inspected in October 2018 and was judged to be a good school. The report highlighted many strengths. It says that ‘Pupils told me that the adults are caring and that they like their school.’ The inspectors also commented that ‘Parents and carers praise the school for its considerate approach to their children’s welfare. One parent described the school as making ‘children feel safe through good attachments with teachers.’”’ They also wrote that ‘Visits to classrooms and a scrutiny of pupils’ work confirm that… pupils are making strong progress to reach high standards.’
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an excellent teacher who can lead, support and inspire our staff;
- Is highly motivated and organised and who understands the importance and meaning of performance data;
- Has proven experience of positive impact on pupil progress and attainment and raising standards;
- Is passionate about the curriculum and about how children learn;
- Has experience of leading a team and has excellent interpersonal skills;
- Enjoys working with children with a variety of strengths and needs;
- Will work as part of a team to lead and help to drive school improvement.
In return, we can offer you:
- A committed, enthusiastic and friendly staff team supported by an effective and ambitious governing board
- The opportunity to work in an exciting and successful setting with a vibrant school community and supportive parents and carers
- Friendly and well-behaved children who are excited about leaning
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
If you are an experienced, dynamic, motivated and confident leader who is looking for the next step in your career, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to work in a different setting and widen your experience.
Application information is available from the school by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding the role, or wish to visit us before applying, please contact Katie Welburn on 01273 303358.
Saltdean Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. Appointment will be subject to qualifications, experience checks and satisfactory references.
Closing date: 9am, Tuesday 4th May
Interview date: Monday 10th May
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Chiltington Way, Saltdean, BN2 8HB, email: email@example.com
School Office: (01273) 303358
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is less than 32.4 hours per week or term-time only.
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.