Hours of work: 16.25 Hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time
(As the position is part-time, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 23 April 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
King's Academy Ringmer
Phone: 01273 815460
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Teacher of Science - King's Academy Ringmer
We are looking for a part-time Teacher of Science, 0.50fte to start on 1 September 2021. Suitable for NQTs.
As a member of our dedicated team, you will be passionate about sharing your love of Science and committed to improving your own subject knowledge and teaching practice to achieve impressive progress for all students.
King's Academy Ringmer is a successful rural comprehensive with an ethos of "In Pursuit of Excellence". We have a strong reputation for student progress and attainment as well as our inclusion and pastoral care. The Academy works in conjunction with King's Group and the King's College schools abroad. We anticipate exciting developments ahead working together with students, parents/carers and the wider community to build upon our strengths and make this an outstanding school.
What can we offer you?
- Students who are eager to learn, well-behaved and very proud of their school
- Lots of opportunities to observe others and receive feedback. We have an open door policy and place Teaching and Learning at the centre of what we do. We never grade lessons and all feedback is developmental and underpinned by our Principles of Teaching
- Curriculums that are designed in order for pupils to achieve mastery of both content and skills. We have a strong focus on core knowledge and use cognitive science and educational research to ensure that content is retained over time
- The benefits of working in a highly collaborative multi-academy trust, including opportunities to work with teachers across the King’s Group
- Excellent personal development both within King’s Academy Ringmer and across the King’s Group
- Excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
- Support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do
- A bespoke online safeguarding package
- A beautiful, rural environment situated approximately 12 miles from the coastal city of Brighton and Hove
For full details and an application form, either download directly from our website: www.kgaringmer.uk or contact Amanda French, PA to the Principal by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job reference number: P/377. We offer a first class working environment with supportive colleagues and opportunities for career development.
Interviews will be COVID Compliant
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.