Fixed Term until 31st March 2022
As Wokingham Borough continues to respond and recover from the Covid-19 pandemic, we are looking for a passionate communications professional to join our Communication, Engagement and Marketing (CEM) team on a fixed term contract, and support colleagues with Covid-19 communications.
Working closely with the Senior Specialist, you will help to drive targeted communications to key stakeholders and residents; seeking new and innovative ways to convey complex messages and keep these individuals informed and engaged.
About the role:
We are seeking to build a new and better relationship with our residents and stakeholders that is based on real engagement, backed by positive and proactive communication.
As such, we are looking for a proven professional who can make an immediate impact on our communications and engagement with residents as we react and recover from the Covid-19 crisis.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious person who is looking for a role where they can make a real difference. You will play a central part in keeping residents and stakeholders informed and engaged, as we transform the way we work for residents.
You’ll apply your creative flair and technical know how to create content through a variety of channels such as social media, online and offline media, video, animation and more.
You’ll be a brand ambassador for the organisation, contributing to the council’s Corporate Delivery Plan and our overarching aspiration to make our customers love us and to be the best we can be.
Duties will include:
- Writing and publishing regular news stories on a range of topics that fall under Covid-19
- Responding to media enquiries and proactively pitching to regional online, print and broadcast media
- Supporting with content for the council’s weekly Covid-19 e-bulletin, pushing key messages to over 43,000 residents
- Creating an engaging social media strategy each week, including social media assets and copy, and video content where required
- Assisting with the production of targeted communications to reach residents in a range of communities
- Working with colleagues across all areas of the council to provide communications support on any Covid related projects
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Proven communications, engagement, marketing or journalism experience
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and work to tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, demonstrating the ability to create and deliver compelling and engaging communications, engagement and marketing which supports organisation’s priorities
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent relevant professional qualification
- Good writing skills and keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to create engaging social media content
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver successful projects
- Experience producing or commissioning online videos
- Experience in designing and delivering creative campaigns; including generating innovative ideas
Closing date: Sunday 02nd May 2021, 11pm
Interviews: Week Commencing 10th May 2021 (subject to change)
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received and the advert may close early, should a suitable candidate be appointed.
For further information about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.