Fixed Term until 31st March 2022
Are you a creative communications expert who is passionate about informing and engaging with colleagues? If so, read on… We currently have an exciting opportunity to support our Covid-19 response and recovery.
About the role
We’re looking for a Communications, Engagement and Marketing Officer who is committed to creating and sharing engaging, informative and impactful content with colleagues.
This is a busy and exciting role where everyone is encouraged to embrace the next challenge, be innovative, ambitious, take ownership, and work as a team while we strive to be the best we can be for our customers and each other.
Day to day you’ll be working closely with the Senior Specialist, to support and champion all internal communications ensuring our intranet and newsletters are a ‘must read’ for more than 1,200 colleagues.
You’ll support to deliver the organisations strategy and objectives through strong and effective communication across multiple channels.
You’ll coordinate news, source, write and edit content and support functions across the organisation to inform, engage, and inspire colleagues.
You’ll support the organisation with vital communication with colleagues as the council adapts to the challenges Covid-19 has presented.
You’ll apply your creative flair and technical know how to create content through a variety of channels such as video, animation, artwork, presentations, events and more.
You’ll be a brand ambassador for the organisation ensuring all colleagues understand how they can play their part in contributing to the council’s Corporate Delivery Plan, with the view of making our customers love us, and to be the best we can be.
Duties will include
- Producing informative and accurate communication to support colleagues during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Producing engaging and compelling content for our intranet, colleague newsletters and events.
- Implementing end to end communication and engagement plans.
- Assisting with film making, animation, and podcasts.
- Maintaining and developing channels such as the intranet.
- Supporting the review of data analytics to identify what is and isn’t working and recommending potential solutions.
Skills, knowledge and experience required
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and work to tight deadlines
- An understanding of the importance of colleague engagement and the impact it has on an organisation
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent relevant professional qualification
- Exceptional communication skills, demonstrating the ability to create and deliver compelling and engaging internal communications which supports organisation advocacy
- Experience in working collaboratively and efficiently across multiple functions, building and inspiring confidence in others through effective working relationships
- Good writing skills and keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in supporting internal events and large meetings with content
- Proficient IT skills and a passion for technology.
- Experience of maintaining an intranet. (Knowledge of Sharepoint and Microsoft office 365 would be beneficial).
- Experience of video editing, podcasts, animation software and social channels such as Yammer
Closing date: Sunday 02nd May 2021, 11pm
Interviews: Week Commencing 10th May 2021 (subject to change)
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received and the advert may close early, should a suitable candidate be appointed.
For further information about this role, please contact email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.