Initially 3 month fixed term contract until 30th July 2021
Wokingham Borough Council has an opportunity available for an individual looking to make a difference as part of the borough’s Covid-19 response.
As part of the wider WBC COVID response team, Contact Tracing is a crucial element supporting the national Test and Trace system in identifying people who have tested positive or been in close contact with a positive case and helping to support our residents to remain at home during their isolation period.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Contact Tracing Officer, initially on a 3 month fixed term contract with the possibility of a further extension, who will be available to start work on Monday 3rd May 2021.
This role involves engaging directly by phone, email and face to face with residents to support their need to self-isolate following a positive COVID-19 result, supporting the Lead Manager and functional management of contact tracing and involves:
- Providing advice, guidance and support to residents and colleagues
- Liaising with other services within the Council as necessary
- Customer contact and support
- Updating contact information/spreadsheets
- Providing support for the escalation of service issues including more complex customer care issues
- Monitoring legislation, training, changes and updating of PHE guidance, NHS Test & Trace system information for contact tracing
- Supporting the continuous improvement of processes and procedures within the service using best practice from others where appropriate
- Supporting operational management of the service, including overseeing people, support with regular reviews and responding to performance information
We will be looking for an individual who, ideally, already have a good understanding/knowledge of Wokingham Borough and the local community.
Great customer service skills, the ability to learn quickly, and being proficient in the use of Microsoft Office are all essential requirements of this role. Full training will be provided, including training on Netcall; the customer service software used by Wokingham Borough Council to engage with our customers.
By joining us you will play a valuable role within the council wide response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Closing date: Tuesday 20th April, 11pm
Interviews: Friday 23rd April (subject to change)
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received and the advert may close early, should a suitable candidate be appointed.
For further information about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The full time equivalent for this Grade 7 role is £29,570 - £31,340 per annum
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.