Job Title: Senior Highways Officer
Salary Range: £35,745 - £43,857 p.a. + £2,000 p.a. market forces payment
Hours: 37 per week - Full Time
Hertfordshire truly is the County of Opportunity. Hertfordshire County Council offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Senior Transport Planner, with a focus on assessing the highway impacts of developments and providing responses to local authorities. You’ll join our specialist Highways Development Management Team at an exciting time for the county, as you help to facilitate safe and highly sustainable development across Hertfordshire against the backdrop of anticipated housing growth in the County in the region of 100,000 homes by 2031.
What the role will include:
- Representing the Highway Authority at planning appeals, including supporting team members at Public Inquiries and Local Plan Examination Inquiries.
- Evaluating and reporting upon the transport implications of planning applications.
- Providing support to the process of negotiating with developers and their consultants on contributions to transportation infrastructure.
- Ensuing other team members and key stakeholders are involved/consulted as early as possible, creating positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Assisting the Head of Development Management to deliver various projects
What we’d like to see from the perfect Senior Highway Officer:
- A good depth of and breadth of technical knowledge in the highways sector.
- Or hold a degree in a closely related discipline.
- An understanding of transport related and regeneration issues; knowledge of the development planning process.
- Good appreciation of the political context within which the service operates, demonstrating awareness of the wider implications (e.g. political/environmental).
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with relevant experience to their knowledge in the highway sector where you will be considering development proposals involving strategic and local schemes.
* Role requires a full & valid UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
For an informal discussion or more information about the role please contact James Dale on James.Dale@hertfordshire.gov.uk
Closing Date: 25th April 2021
Interview Date: 4th May - 7th May 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.