An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 x Senior Engineers (Highway Design) to join our extremely busy Highway Design team to deliver our substantial pipeline of major projects in the next few years; having already secured over £33m from the Transforming Cities Fund. We also continue to make successful bids for funding to implement major highway schemes, sustainable / active travel schemes promoting walking, cycling, health and wellbeing.
Resources are required at Senior engineer level to drive forward our key projects and programmes and having expertise in:
- Extensive Civils design experience and the use of AutoCAD, Civils 3D and Micro-drainage
- Feasibility, concept and detail designs
- Undertake Design Lead role on multiple project work either as a Design Lead on large projects or as Project Manager leading a multi-disciplinary team
- Preparation of Contract Documents
- Assist in the leading role in the Highway Design team
- Produce and check design concepts, calculations, design details, drawings specifications, and other technical documents
Reporting directly to the Group Leader, Highway Design, you will support the development, management and delivery of an extensive transportation investment programme.
Barnsley is in a period of unprecedented development and good transport, and transport planning is a cornerstone for our future success.
The demand for specialist highway engineering solutions into transport policies and masterplans is greater than ever, alongside the identification, specification and development of major highway infrastructure.
- Do you have the skills to lead and manage a team to model, plan and deliver an ambitious programme of highway / transport infrastructure development?
- Could you coordinate the identification, specification and development of highway / transport infrastructure developments across the borough in liaison with relevant third parties and align with appropriate current and future funding schemes to inform the scheduling of work?
- Do you have ambition and an eye for identifying and pursuing future opportunities to develop and enhance your career?
If this sounds like you, this is your opportunity to join a dynamic team, bringing together highway design, transport planning including management of the highway and transportation investment programme, strategic traffic management, supporting complex infrastructure projects, Active Travel Schemes, travel demand management and behaviour change.
What you’ll need
To join us, you’ll need a professional or postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline at level 6, a professional project management qualification and be able to evidence recent professional development in a related area.
You will possess extensive knowledge in Highway Design and a detailed understanding of complex infrastructure projects within a local government context including an in depth knowledge of activities that affect movement on the highway and all other relevant aspects of the Highway Authority Statutory duties
You will have significant experience of multi-disciplinary project working, budget and programme development and monitoring, preparing funding bids, and working with elected Members and stakeholders, as well as having strong communication, partnership working and project management skills.
A lot to look forward to
We live and work by our four values: honesty, teamwork, excellent service and taking pride in what we do. As part of our team you can be sure we’ll do all we can to support you in being truly excellent. You see, we prioritise learning and enabling staff to achieve their potential. That’s one of the reasons why we achieved IIP Gold and why you’ll find your career here inspiring and rewarding.
If you meet the identified criteria, this role offers an incredible opportunity to achieve your ambitions. We therefore look forward to hearing from you.
For an informal discussion please contact either Tracey Brewer, Head of Transport on 07387 549343 (email@example.com) or Andy Jones on 07786 525904 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To achieve your ambitions while shaping a bright future for our communities, apply now!
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.